My Interior Design School Directors Anne and Rachael were thrilled to meet Kelly Hoppen MBE at The Cheltenham Literature Festival this week – and she had words of advice for My Interior Design School students.
Britain’s much-loved interior designer was at the Festival to launch her new book “House of Hoppen”. The book is a fascinating retrospective celebrating Kelly’s career. Starting her career at just 16, Kelly Hoppen has expanded her world-renowned business into a global brand.
Kelly’s company incorporates an interior design consultancy, an online emporium, furniture design, wallpaper and paint as well as a thriving accessory business and numerous industry collaborations.
Well known for giving guidance in her previous role as a ‘dragon’ on BBC2’s ‘Dragons’ Den’ she gave these words of advice to anyone starting a course with My Interior Design School:
“You can never learn enough, so finding the right course for you is so essential. Be open to advice and ideas from others that have studied and walked the entrepreneur path before you, you never know what mistakes or challenges their knowledge may help you to avoid. Read and explore. Broaden your horizons.
If you intend to embark on an entrepreneurial journey – it’s a hard one but you should always take your time planning , there is no need to rush a great idea, be sure of your market and your competitors before diving in”.
“It was great to meet Kelly” says Rachael, “we think she has done a fantastic job of inspiring others to love interior design as well as being a fabulous role model as a successful entrepreneur”.
“Her book is beautiful” adds Anne “and is a stunning visual showcase of all that she has achieved”.
With that in mind, My Interior Design School are giving away a signed copy of Kelly’s book, “House of Hoppen” to one lucky interior design fan. To take part, simply join the My Interior Design School community by entering your details in the pop up window that appears when you enter our website. (If you’ve already dismissed the pop up window, you can restart your browser and return to our website to see it again.)
1. All entrants will receive a link to download our 10 Interior Design Secrets upon entering. One entrant will win a signed copy of Kelly Hoppen’s book, “House of Hoppen”.
2. By entering your details in the pop up box on the website you will be entered in to the prize draw.
3. Only entrants who are UK resident will be eligible to win the book. All entrants from outside the UK can still download our 10 Interior Design Secrets.
4. Closing date for entry is midnight on Monday 7th November.
5. The winner will be contacted directly and announced on our Twitter and Facebook feeds in the days following the closing date.
6. Existing My Interior Design School community members can submit their details again to be entered in to the draw.
7. Only entrants received between the beginning 12th October and 7th November will be entered in to the draw.