- Take an in-depth look at colour to understand its significance in interiors.
- Learn about colour in its most basic form by mixing paint colours.
- Make your own colour wheel.
- Understand primary, secondary, tertiary colours, tints, tones and shades.
- Make a grey scale.
- Make a colour scale.
- Create a Colour Mixing Mood Board.
- Look at the influence of history on interior décor and how it impacts on colour schemes today.
- Start your own Historical Research Record.
- Create your own Historical Colour Mood Board.
- Learn how current trends impact on colour choices.
- Undertake your own research into colour trends.
- Create a Colour Trend Collage.
- Learn about the Colour Wheel and colour theory.
- Understand triadic, complementary, split-complementary, harmonious and monochromatic schemes.
- Learn the secrets to putting together a successful colour palette.
- See how a combination of colours can give a room a different ambience.
- Create your own Colour Combination Mood Board.
Colour and Aspect
- Learn how to specify a colour scheme with aspect in mind.
- Understand which colours work best in different rooms.
- Working to a Colour Brief, create a Colour Mood Board.
Illusions and Colour
- Learn how to change the look and perception of a size of room, simply by using colour.
- Create 8 Room Illusions.
The Psychology of Colour
- Learn how different colours can have an emotional response in interiors.
- Understand which colours to use in different rooms.
- Discover which colours not to use in certain rooms and why.
- Working to a Brief, create a Colour Psychology Mood Board.
Your Colour Consultancy Business
- Paint – understand paint types and their application.
- Learn how to work with clients and run a profitable business.
- Plan Your Client Consultancy – the stages.
- Your consultancy fee.
- Top tips for home visits.
- Client Questionnaire.
- How to choose a colour palette with your client.
- Writing the colour specification.
- Contracts, Terms and Conditions and Invoices.
- Your Portfolio.