Room by Room
How to Style Rooms in Your Home
Choose a Room
How to Choose a Style
Create a Style Mood Board
Confidence with Colour
How to Choose Colours for Your Home
Choose One Colour
Lighting your Home
How to Use Lighting to Enhance Your Home
A Lighting Collage
How to Choose Flooring for Your Home
Flooring Image or Sourced Sample
How to Choose Wall Coverings for Your Home
Illusion of Space
How to Choose Window Dressings for Your Home
Choosing a Window Treatment and Fabric Sample
How to Use Accessories to Style Your Home
An Accessory to Inspire a Scheme
Your Own Project
How to Plan Your own Home Styling Project
Your Scheme Board
How to Create Your Scheme Board
How to Receive Expert Feedback on Your Scheme Board Design
The History of Style, Interiors and Architecture
Designing With Colour
Surveys, Plans and Ergonomics
Designing For Clients
- Take an in-depth look at colour to understand its significance in interiors.
- Learn about colour in its most basic form by mixing paint colours.
- Make your own colour wheel.
- Understand primary, secondary, tertiary colours, tints, tones and shades.
- Make a grey scale.
- Make a colour scale.
- Create a Colour Mixing Mood Board.
- Look at the influence of history on interior décor and how it impacts on colour schemes today.
- Start your own Historical Research Record.
- Create your own Historical Colour Mood Board.
- Learn how current trends impact on colour choices.
- Undertake your own research into colour trends.
- Create a Colour Trend Collage.
- Learn about the Colour Wheel and colour theory.
- Understand triadic, complementary, split-complementary, harmonious and monochromatic schemes.
- Learn the secrets to putting together a successful colour palette.
- See how a combination of colours can give a room a different ambience.
- Create your own Colour Combination Mood Board.
Colour and Aspect
- Learn how to specify a colour scheme with aspect in mind.
- Understand which colours work best in different rooms.
- Working to a Colour Brief, create a Colour Mood Board.
Illusions and Colour
- Learn how to change the look and perception of a size of room, simply by using colour.
- Create 8 Room Illusions.
The Psychology of Colour
- Learn how different colours can have an emotional response in interiors.
- Understand which colours to use in different rooms.
- Discover which colours not to use in certain rooms and why.
- Working to a Brief, create a Colour Psychology Mood Board.
Your Colour Consultancy Business
- Paint – understand paint types and their application.
- Learn how to work with clients and run a profitable business.
- Plan Your Client Consultancy – the stages.
- Your consultancy fee.
- Top tips for home visits.
- Client Questionnaire.
- How to choose a colour palette with your client.
- Writing the colour specification.
- Contracts, Terms and Conditions and Invoices.
- Your Portfolio.